540 Parmalee Ave
Youngstown, OH 44510
Ph: (330) 747-1420
Fax: (330) 747-1151
is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis,
treatment and rehabilitation of disorders that affect the entire nervous
system including the spinal column, spinal cord, brain and peripheral
• Cranial Procedures for Tumors, Aneurysms, Hematomas, etc.
• Shunts for Hydrocephalus
• Spinal Procedures & Instrumentations
• Peripheral Nerve Procedures
• Pain Procedures & Management
• Epilepsy Surgery - Vagal Nerve Stimulators
• Stereotactic Procedures & Biopsies
• Functional Neurosurgical Procedures - Parkinsonism, Spasticity etc
• Kyphoplasty & Vertebroplasty
• Diagnostic Procedures - Myelography, Diskography etc.
We offer the following procedures including Complex Spine and MISS
(minimally invasive spine surgery).
Most spine patients respond well to non-surgical treatment. However, some
back and neck problems are best treated with surgery. If you are facing
surgery, you probably have questions about the procedure, its benefits and
risks. As you review the articles always remember that your spine surgeon
is the best source of information specific to your treatment.
Back Pain, Neck Pain, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated Discs, Kyphosis,
Low Back Pain, Osteoporosis, Sciatica, Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis,
Spondylosis, Spondylolisthesis, Whiplash.
• Cervical Spine Surgery Overview
• Anterior Cervical Discectomy
• Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
• Foraminotomy: Taking Pressure Off Spinal Nerves
Middle Back (Thoracic)
• Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
Low Back (Lumbar)
• Back Pain and Spine Surgery
• When is Spine Surgery Appropriate?
• Decompressive Lumbar Laminectomy
• Lumbar Laminectomy
• Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: Surgical Procedures
• TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
• What You Should Know about Lumbar Fusion
Minimally Invasive Surgery
• MicroSurgical Laminectomy
• Small incisions, rapid recovery
More information at SpineUniverse.com
• Pain Management Evaluation
• Medical Pain Management
• Pain Management using Physical Therapy
• Various Nerve Blocks - Epidural, Somatic, Facetal etc.
• TENS - MENS Units
• Surgical Management
• Pain Pumps - Morphine, Baclofen etc.
• Spinal Cord Stimulators
• Experts at diagnosing and treating pain
• Restore maximum function lost through injury, illness or disabling
• Treat the whole person, not just the problem area
• Lead a team of medical professionals
• Provide non-surgical treatments
• Explain your medical problems and treatment plan
• Work not only on treatment but also prevention
Rehabilitation physicians are nerve, muscle, and bone experts who treat
injuries or illnesses that affect how you move.
Rehabilitation physicians treat a wide range of problems from sore
shoulders to spinal cord injuries. Their goal is to decrease pain and
enhance performance without surgery. Rehabilitation physicians take the
time needed to accurately pinpoint the source of an ailment. They then
design a treatment plan that can be carried out by the patients
themselves or with the help of the rehabilitation physician's medical
team. This medical team might include other physicians and health
professionals, such as neurosurgeons and physical therapists. By
providing an appropriate treatment plan, rehabilitation physicians help
patients stay as active as possible at any age. Their broad medical
expertise allows them to treat disabling conditions throughout a person's
Rehabilitation Physicians May Treat:
• Back Pain
• Brain Injuries
• chronic Pain
• Geriatric Rehabilitation
• Neck Pain
• Nerve Pain
• Spinal Cord Injuries
• Sports-Related Injuries
• Work-Related Injuries
At Physician's Medical Imaging, we strive
to provide the best care for our patients. We provide you and your doctor
with a complete and accurate diagnosis for your health concerns.
• Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5pm.
• Phone: (330) 746-1231
• 540 Parmalee Ave. Suite 100
Our mission at Physicians' Medical Imaging is to provide diagnostic
imaging by utilizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging, CT Scanning, X-Ray and
Fluoroscopy imaging modalities. Every imaging test is conducted by a
well-trained and certified technologist and interpreted by an
experienced, board certified diagnostic radiologist. We strive to promote
professional care by providing valuable health care services to the
• General Radiology
• CT Scans: Computed tomography (or
"CAT") scans use a special X-ray camera to produce highly
detailed images of the chest, abdomen, pelvis, brain and spine. Our
advanced "spiral" scanner allows us to see smaller structures
and pinpoint problems with greater accuracy. Out technologist is CT
registered. (See photo below.)
• Fluoroscopy: Fluoroscopy
is used for observing the internal structure of an opaque object by
means of X rays. Our C-Arm is used for Myelograms and Nerve Blocks.
(See photo below.)
PMI has undergone a massive renovation and upgrade in 2004 including
the addition of a PACS system, a new Zeihm C-Arm and a Siemens Volume
Zoom Cat Scanner as well as the addition of a pain clinic.
In August 2006, we have added a GE Signa Excite 1.5T MRI and a
• All appointments seen promptly.
• Convenient location across from St. Elizabeth's Hospital.
• Most major insurance accepted and submitted for you.
• Handicapped accessible.
• Friendly certified staff.